Austin TX passes F1 support
By a vote of 5-2, Austin has passed it’s resolution to support COTA and F1.
Congratulations to the people of Central Texas, all of whom will benefit from the revenue that will be generated by the several events to be held, and other uses of the track such as research and development. It was great to see in the end that people with principles, vision, and without special interest ties voted to do the right thing.
1 year or so to go to the inaugural F1 event… and maybe two until some of the rest of us get to try out the new track!
Related Posts on DrivingEnthusiast.net
- December 20, 2010 -- United States F1 Grand Prix: Where the H*** Is Elroy Texas USA
- September 1, 2010 -- Austin Texas Formula 1 Track Design Revealed
- May 26, 2010 -- Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ – in Austin Texas? Huh?
- June 5, 2011 -- The Formula 1 event of the year for Texas!
- September 22, 2010 -- Study: Road work can’t be completed before inaugural Austin F1 race
- December 19, 2010 -- United States F1 Grand Prix: new newsletter tracks the progress of the construction
- December 19, 2010 -- United States F1 Grand Prix: Wild Bubba’s Wild Game Grill
- August 23, 2011 -- David Coultard hoons it up in the Red Bull F1 racecar on the streets of Austin Texas
- December 21, 2010 -- United States F1 Grand Prix: local newspaper F1 coverage
- October 31, 2011 -- Coulthard Circuit of the Americas documentary on BBC
- August 23, 2011 -- Can an F1 car drive off-road?
- January 17, 2011 -- United States F1 Grand Prix: the Speed City Gazette
- May 30, 2011 -- F1 Austin: Circuit of the Americas construction time lapse for month of April
- August 23, 2011 -- Keeping up with Austin F1 on Facebook
- January 22, 2011 -- United States F1 Grand Prix: panoramic images of track site
- March 11, 2011 -- United States F1 Grand Prix: F1 Racing magazine coverage
- September 20, 2012 -- Information Technology at Marussia F1 Team
- February 22, 2011 -- Steve Sexton Named President of the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ and Center
- September 21, 2011 -- The Red Bull escapes! (F1 video!)
- March 20, 2011 -- United States F1 Grand Prix: Memories & The Kangaroo Burger @ Wild Bubbas