30-yr anniversary of the debut of the Mustang SVO at Nelson Ledges
30 years ago, June 18-20 1982, Ford debuted the Mustang SVO to the world in the form of two engineering prototypes competing in a 24-hour endurance race: the Quaker State Oil Longest Day of Nelson. This SCCA-sanctioned race, held at the well-known (and very humble) club race track Nelson Ledges in Ohio, isn’t held anymore but was well-known and beloved in its time. The event offered classes for what at the time was known as Showroom Stock cars, as well as future production prototypes, to race.
The complete story of this event is hosted on our main website here: The complete story of this event is hosted on our main website here: http://www.drivingenthusiast.net/sec-ford/special-report-svo/index.html.
It is updated whenever new facts come in, so please check that page frequently.
If you were at Nelson Ledges for these events, we want to hear from you! Please use the Comments form to contact us.
Related Posts on DrivingEnthusiast.net
- December 30, 2010 Ford Develops the Mustang SVO at Nelson Ledges
- August 17, 2009 Maserati turned into clunker program
- July 10, 2008 Our first Open Track event: Nelson Ledges in 1980.
- May 27, 2006 State of Ohio Promoting Motorsports
- February 4, 2008 “Mustang SVO” spoken here!
- January 8, 2013 Mustang SVO at January Cars and Coffee
- March 28, 2010 Mustang SVO at Cars and Coffee – Austin TX
- May 20, 2007 Mustang SVO section updated
- December 21, 2010 If we were to resto-mod a Mustang SVO…
- February 6, 2012 USA Today rates the Mustang SVO as one of the Top Ten Ugly Cars
- October 17, 2013 Throwback Thursday: ’79 Mustang Indy Pace Car at Nelson Ledges
- July 8, 2011 Ford Mustang SVO Commercials
- January 3, 2011 Car Lust blog covers the Mustang SVO
- January 11, 2010 Somebody needs to buy this 1979 Mustang Indy Pace Car
- July 15, 2006 The Truth About Cars: Car and Driver and the Brock Yates incident
- December 4, 2007 Thunderhill 25-hour: the end of the Car and Driver S2000 CR
- January 11, 2010 Ford once teased us with an RS1600i
- August 1, 2009 Review – PJ ORourke Driving Like Crazy
- July 6, 2008 Car & Driver: Five Future Mustangs We
- July 23, 2005 Car &Driver: Fifty Years Old!