More Ford cuts?
Some folks refuse to believe how seriously in trouble this company is. Between lack of products (lack of vision?), the UAW and CAW jackels, and consumer preference moving away, Ford is seriously hurting. I believe it’s in better shape than GM, wehich is saddled with pointless products and has very little new on the horizon to look forward to. And no hybrid offerings whatsoever – not a volume maker but an important PR element these days. And especially an important element in product development… this is where much of the market will be in ten years and GM needs the experience of having a fleet of hybrids on the street.
Ford Considers Cutting More Salaried Staff. After a disappointing performance in the first half of the year, Ford Motor Co. is considering cutting more salaried workers, a company spokesman said Friday. [Moreover Technologies - Automotive industry news]
Related Posts on DrivingEnthusiast.net
- January 10, 2011 -- Ford Electric Vehicle Plan shows the “right stuff”
- December 5, 2012 -- Ford recognized on the Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators List
- July 12, 2007 -- Ford Paradox – great stuff coming but company dead before it arrives
- July 24, 2008 -- Ford losses 8.7 Billion – and accelerates transformation plans
- December 21, 2012 -- Ford outlines current and future automotive electronics
- November 20, 2012 -- 1940s Ford promotional film “While the City Sleeps”
- April 18, 2007 -- One to watch: Ford’s Kuzak
- June 20, 2008 -- Ford finally begins to understand the market
- January 8, 2010 -- New Engines & Transmissions: Ford shows it’s expertise
- November 12, 2011 -- Meet “Dr. Derriere” Mike Kolich, seat comfort engineer at Ford
- February 12, 2013 -- Ford the Only Full-Line Automaker Named to Fast Company 2013 Ranking of World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
- June 6, 2012 -- Ford Motor Company sponsors two flights for World War II vets to visit the World War II Memorial in D.C.
- November 24, 2010 -- CNBC: Rebuilding an American Icon
- April 2, 2011 -- Ford sales reach new heights – now is the time for RWD platform investment
- September 15, 2006 -- Ford’s “Way Forward”: product plans announced today
- September 11, 2005 -- CAW to stick it to Ford
- June 2, 2010 -- Ford finally decides to close Mercury. But what of the Cougar?
- August 30, 2011 -- Ford introduces new design language… and could it be the face of the 2015 Mustang?
- November 14, 2012 -- Ford Parts and Service: 1940
- April 10, 2007 -- 2009 Ford Flex: finally a bold move from Ford