We’ve recently been asked where the FR500 materials are on our site.
It’s still all there:
- Fox-based FR500 introduction at SEMA: http://www.DrivingEnthusiast.net/sec-ford/FMC-concepts-prototypes-showcars/frpp_fr500/default.htm (I was there for the press intro and had several very in-depth conversations with Ford engineers, as well as with Kenny Brown).
- more news from the same SEMA: http://www.DrivingEnthusiast.net/sec-blog/2003/11/04.html#a21
- Introduction of the “Cammer” 5 liter “modular” V-8: http://www.DrivingEnthusiast.net/sec-blog/2003/11/04.html#a20
- my engine section on the Cammer: http://www.DrivingEnthusiast.net/sec-ford/FMC-engines/8m50d-cammer/default.htm
- FR500C (S197-based) rant: http://www.DrivingEnthusiast.net/sec-blog/2006/04/18.html#a1436
We’ll have much more on the FR500C at a future date… but that issue is loosing steam now that exceptions to the series rules are being handed out right and left. Of course, the FR500C is powered by an engine that is not in the production Mustang.. and too bad. It’s the engine the Cobra should have had (of course, the Cobra was cancelled too).